FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the maximum capacity of The Mezzanine?
We can accommodate up to 300 guests standing and 180 guests seated.
What is the rental fee for an event at The Mezzanine?
Our rental rates vary based on the time of week, season, length of event, etc. Please send an email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the nature of your event, estimated attendance and total event timing, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
What type of events do you host at The Mezzanine?
Our space is versatile, and we are capable of hosting a multitude of events, including but not limited to:
- Cocktail Parties
- Corporate Events
- Photo Shoots and Filming
- Album Release Parties
- Film Screenings
- Holiday Parties
- Pop-Up Shops
- Birthday Parties
- Launch Events
What dates are available for rental?
Please contact us for availability by emailing email@example.com
What is required to book an event?
A 50% deposit of the rental fee is due at the time of booking. In addition, we require a security deposit, which is refunded within 15 business days after the event, provided there are no damages. The remaining balance is due at least 15 business days before the event. We accept payment via check, wire, and credit card.
What is included in the rental fee?
- Venue cleaning post-event
- Dedicated Event Manager for the duration of the event
- Event Porters
- Event Security
- Built-in kitchen (including 16.8-ft bar, oven, microwave & refrigerators)
- Banquette seating for up to 40 guests
- Bleacher seating for up to 50 guests
- 13’ by 14’ raised platform stage
- Surround-sound system with audio jack and Bluetooth capability
- 2 handheld wireless microphones
- Dimmable, zoned lighting system
- Bathroom amenities and garbage cans
What is your hold policy?
We would be happy to place your preferred date(s) on hold for up to one week. If the event is not confirmed within that timeframe, the date will be released and added to the general inventory.
What is your cancellation policy?
If an event is cancelled prior to the program date, a percentage of the total amount due will be forfeited per the scale below:
- More than 60 calendar days prior to event: 25%
- Between 31 and 60 days prior to event: 50%
- Between 16 and 30 days prior to event: 75%
- Fewer than 15 days prior to event: 100%
Are there any restrictions on vendors I can use?
The only exclusive provider we have is AV Group, which provides all audio/visual services for the space. Other than that, we are happy to accommodate the vendors of your choosing, provided they meet our building insurance requirements. You may also consult our list of preferred vendors.
Do I need to hire an event planner or coordinator?
It is not required; however it is recommended.
Am I responsible for clean-up?
Our cleaning crew will clean the space after your event, including sweeping and mopping, cleaning the bathrooms, and wiping down surfaces and windows. In order to get your full security deposit back, you or your caterer must complete the following breakdown procedures immediately following your event:
- All remaining decor, marketing materials, personal items, etc must be removed from the space and consolidated for pick-up or shipping. All items to be shipped must include shipping labels.
- All rentals must be folded and stacked, and all linens must be bagged and consolidated by the kitchen.
- All food and drink should be packed and removed.
- Ice and leftover beverages should be completely drained in the slop sink located in the back room behind the men’s restroom, with the glasses either packed and consolidated for pick-up or removed.
- All boxes must be broken down and trash must be bagged and placed by the loading dock in the rear of the building.
Do I need to provide my own insurance?
We do require you to provide a certificate of insurance that covers you and your vendors. Your caterer may be able to add your vendors as additional insured to their policy. Your or your caterer's policy should include Host Liquor Liability if you are serving alcohol. If you need to purchase event insurance, please let your venue manager know and they will provide you with the appropriate paperwork. The cost is typically around $150-$200.
Is there parking available?
Battery Parking Garage is located at 80 Greenwich Street, across the street from the venue. Metered street parking is also available on the weekend.
Do you have any other rental spaces?
We have a portfolio of coworking spaces and office suites across Manhattan and Brooklyn, which you can view here. Our newest event space is under construction in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, set to open in mid-2018.
Does the building have heat and A/C?
Yes. You may ask your onsite event manager to adjust the temperature for you.
When can we get in to set up?
You may set up as early as you would like based on availability, keeping in mind that your set-up time will be factored into your rental cost. Please consult your venue manager for specific load-in timing.
Do you have a freight elevator?
Yes. Clients must abide by the freight hours and reserve the freight elevator in advance with their venue manager. Only building and venue personnel can operate the freight elevator.
All weekday deliveries must be scheduled between 7:00am - 8:30am, 9:30am – 12:00pm, and 2:00pm – 5:00pm. Deliveries and pick-ups after 5:00pm must be approved by your Mezzanine contact.
Is smoking allowed?
There is absolutely no smoking or vaping allowed inside the venue.
Is the building wheelchair accessible?
Yes. All guests requiring ADA access can enter and exit the venue through the main building lobby.
Can I put signs out in front of the venue?
This is allowed on a case-by-case basis. Please consult your venue manager.
How many bathrooms are there?
There are 3 bathrooms total: one men’s, one women’s, and one co-ed bathroom that is ADA-compliant.